Health and Wellness is a Lifestyle
Health goes beyond what you eat. It refers to a positive state of mind and body. So say yes to whole foods and new experiences and join us, as we try to live our best lives.
Recent Blog Posts
- Tips for Protecting Yourself During Cold and Flu SeasonSince fall and winter are known for an increase in runny noses and coughs, this time of year many of us seek out effective ways to protect ourselves. Luckily, there are healthy habits we can adopt to boost our immunity naturally. Read on to learn more!
- Pumpkin SmoothieI love pumpkin season, however the added sugar from the lattes and sweet treats adds up quicky. This pumpkin smoothie satisfies that pumpkin craving without all of the added sugar. Bonus, you even get some healthy fat from the flax and chia seeds!
- What are Phytonutrients?It’s no secret that a large percentage of people don’t get enough nutrients from their diet. These deficiencies, in part, contribute to chronic illness, infections and even death. Knowledge is power, so one of the first steps towards overcoming this adversity is to understand what the heck they are. MostContinue reading “What are Phytonutrients?”
- Tips for Managing Blood SugarBlood sugar is a hot topic these days, and for good reason. The concept isn’t new, diabetes was first recorded in English in a medical text written around 1425. The illness was discovered due to the sweet taste that had been noticed in urine (News Medical Life Science).
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers (Vegetarian)We eat a lot of Mexican food in my house. The dishes are flavorful and usually pretty easy to put together. They are also very versatile, the ingredients can easily be swapped out based on taste or dietary requirements.
Health Coach in Training. Wife. Daughter. Aunt. Cat mom. Health & wellness advocate. Travel junkie. Scuba diver. – Just trying to live my best life.