Health and Wellness is a Lifestyle
Health goes beyond what you eat. It refers to a positive state of mind and body. So say yes to whole foods and new experiences and join us, as we try to live our best lives.
Weight Loss VS Healthy Living
Recent Blog Posts
- Tips for Managing Blood SugarBlood sugar is a hot topic these days, and for good reason. The concept isn’t new, diabetes was first recorded in English in a medical text written around 1425. The illness was discovered due to the sweet taste that had been noticed in urine (News Medical Life Science).
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers (Vegetarian)We eat a lot of Mexican food in my house. The dishes are flavorful and usually pretty easy to put together. They are also very versatile, the ingredients can easily be swapped out based on taste or dietary requirements.
- Career Success Series – NetworkingIn the third installment of the Career Success Series, we visit the concept of networking. Networking is meeting, interacting and building relationships with professional and social contacts. This can include coworkers, family, friends, professors, fellow students, business professionals in your desired field, people at your church, gym…the list goes on.Continue reading “Career Success Series – Networking”
- The Mighty Mushroom: Health Benefits of MushroomsIt’s thought that mushrooms were first cultivated in China and Japan as early as the 6th century, however their use in food and medicine, and even for hallucinogenic purposes, can be traced back to 10,000 BCE (before common era), being used by Ancient Greeks, the Romans, the Mayans, the ChineseContinue reading “The Mighty Mushroom: Health Benefits of Mushrooms”
- Getting Back into Your Healthy Routine After VacationSummer means family vacations and BBQ’s and with all of that fun can come a few not-so-healthy choices. Excess sugar, processed food, and maybe a few too many adult beverages, can lead to a bloated belly and sugar cravings – but it’s OK, don’t beat yourself up. In fact, IContinue reading “Getting Back into Your Healthy Routine After Vacation”
Health Coach in Training. Wife. Daughter. Aunt. Cat mom. Health & wellness advocate. Travel junkie. Scuba diver. – Just trying to live my best life.