We eat a lot of Mexican food in my house. The dishes are flavorful and usually pretty easy to put together. They are also very versatile, the ingredients can easily be swapped out based on taste or dietary requirements.
When making this recipe use organic ingredients when possible. Be sure to read the label when buying packaged ingredients to ensure the list is free from artificial ingredients. If it’s not something you would buy and cook with, it shouldn’t be included on the ingredients list.
MEXICAN STUFFED PEPPERS (VEGETARIAN)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
2 Bell Peppers (color of choice)
1/4 cup Sweet Onion
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
1 15 oz can Pinto Beans
1 package Brown Spanish Rice
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 tbsp Cumin
1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Slice the peppers in half and lay out on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until blistered.
- While the peppers are baking, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly coat with cooking spray. Add diced sweet onion and garlic.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- When the peppers are done, remove from oven, add the filling and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Bake for another 12 minutes.
- Serve, garnish with sour cream if desired.