Sustainability has become a buzz word these days, and for good reason, specifically as the results of climate change have started becoming more apparent. People are starting to realize that we need to change the way we live so that future generations, and our planet, have a future.
Sustainable living is the idea or belief about living more responsibly on this planet. The goal is to meet the present needs of humans, without compromising the ability of future generations to enjoy an equal quality of life. Living sustainably is good for the planet and it’s the right thing to do, however if are interested in how it will impact you at a more personal level, it can save you money, improve your health, and support economic development (TheRoundUp.org).
Check out these simple tips that you can easily incorporate into your daily routine.
Steps Towards Sustainable Living
- Bring your own reusable bags to the grocery store.
- Carry a reusable a water bottle.
- Buy a water filter instead of purchasing bottled water.
- Buy food in bulk.
- Avoid single-use coffee pods.
- Use glass, metal or silicone food storage containers.
- Pack lunches with reusable containers, silverware and cloth napkins.
- Buy local.
- Choose organic whenever possible.
- Choose environmentally friendly products.
- Use energy saving products.